Route: Southeast ridge
Elevation Gain: 1040m from the Base camp
Urus is an easy mountain to climb though the approach is quite steep. The climb to the summit is fairly short and there is little glacier to climb. Very good mountain for a beginner and once you get into the mountaineering and want to climb more, you can go for Ishinca and then Tocllaraju from the same base camp!
What to bring:
Get prepared for heat, sun, rain and cold. Good waterproof shoes for high altitudes, sleeping bag, light daypack, toilet paper, headlamp, personal things. Missing something? Ask Galaxia.
High mountain equipment: ice axe, crampons, harness, down clothing and shoes if needed. Tent, mattress, transfers, UIAGM mountain guide services. Catering: lunch, dinner and breakfast. Muleter and mules. Excluded: park entrance fee (65 soles per person in 2012 - bring your passport number), tips for the staff.
- Mountaineering at these altitudes requires good fitness and proper acclimatization.
- If you have any food restrictions like allergies, vegetarian or religious restrictions, please inform us before the expedition
- Inform the staff also if you have any issues related with the physical condition
For more information and signing up:Contact us
NOTE: Packages from the same base camp:
- Urus+Ishinca+Tocllaraju 7d
- Urus+Ishinca 4d
- Urus/Ishinca+Tocllaraju 5d