Route: Northwest ridge (Normal Route)
Elevation Gain: 1032m from the high camp, 1632m from valley floor
Maybe the easiest six thousand mountain you can climb in the Cordillera Blanca. To climb this mountain it is very important to be well aclimatized and it is recommendable to climb first a mountain of five thousand. Tocllaraju is relatively simple and easygoing mountain, but it has its tricky parts that most of the people are able to handle. There are two walls on the route, the first one of 50-55 degrees before the ridge and the other one with 50-60 degrees just before the summit.
What to bring:
Get prepared for heat, sun, rain and cold. Good waterproof shoes for high altitudes, sleeping bag, light daypack, toilet paper, headlamp, personal things. Missing something? Ask Galaxia.
High mountain equipment: ice axe, crampons, harness, down clothing and shoes if needed. Tent, mattress, transfers, UIAGM mountain guide services. Catering: lunch, dinner and breakfast. Muleter and mules. Excluded: park entrance fee (65 soles per person in 2012 - bring your passport number), tips for the staff.
- Mountaineering at these altitudes requires good fitness and proper acclimatization.
- If you have any food restrictions like allergies, vegetarian or religious restrictions, please inform us before the expedition
- Inform the staff also if you have any issues related with the physical condition
For more information and signing up:Contact us
NOTE: Packages from the same base camp:
- Urus+Ishinca+Tocllaraju 7d
- Urus/Ishinca+Tocllaraju 5d