Route: Northwest/Southwest ridge
Elevation Gain: 1130m from the Base camp
Grade: PD- in both
Ishinca is a good option for example if you donīt have much time but want to climb more than one mountain in Cordillera Blanca since from the same base camp you can summit various mountains. Ishinca is a moderately easy mountain with an easy moraine as well. The view is beautiful and there are two options for the route so ascent and descent can be done via different routes. After summiting Ishinca you can go for maybe the easiest six thousand of this tropical mountain range - Tocllaraju.
What to bring:
Get prepared for heat, sun, rain and cold. Good waterproof shoes for high altitudes, sleeping bag, light daypack, toilet paper, headlamp, personal things. Missing something? Ask Galaxia.
High mountain equipment: ice axe, crampons, harness, down clothing and shoes if needed. Tent, mattress, transfers, UIAGM mountain guide services. Catering: lunch, dinner and breakfast. Muleter and mules. Excluded: park entrance fee (65 soles per person in 2012 - bring your passport number), tips for the staff.
- Mountaineering at these altitudes requires good fitness and proper acclimatization.
- If you have any food restrictions like allergies, vegetarian or religious restrictions, please inform us before the expedition
- Inform the staff also if you have any issues related with the physical condition
For more information and signing up:Contact us
NOTE: Packages from the same base camp:
- Urus+Ishinca+Tocllaraju 7d
- Urus+Ishinca 4d
- Urus/Ishinca+Tocllaraju 5d