Huayhuash Trek (10 days)
Altitude: 3250m to 5000m
Some say that the Huayhuash trek on Cordillera Huayhuash mountain range, is one of the most beautiful treks in the world - and it's easy to believe.
The villages Pocpa and Llamac are usually the trailheads for this trek.
The entire length of the Cordillera Huayhuash ranges only 30 km but within its compact area lies am amazing array of towering peaks. At almost every turn, you come face to face with glistening vertical walls of ice, snow and rock. Keep an eye out for the massive Andean Condors and for Siula Grande, the site where popular book and motion picture "Touching the Void" took place!
- Day 1: Huaraz-Chiquian-Pocpa-Cuartelhuain. Sleeping at 3500m.
- Day 2: Cuartelhuain-Mitucocha. Sleeping at 3900m.
- Day 3: Mitucocha-Carhuacocha. Sleeping at 4200m.
- Day 4: Carhuacocha-Huayhuash. Sleeping at 4350m.
- Day 5: Huayhuash-Viconga. Sleeping at 4200m.
- Day 6: Viconga-Rinconada. Reaching the highest point, Cuyoc at 5000 m. Sleeping at 3800m.
- Day 7: Rinconada-Calinca. Sleeping at 4000m.
- Day 8: Calinca-Huatiac. Sleeping at 4100m.
- Day 9: Huatiac-Laguna de Jahuacocha. Sleeping at 4050m.
- Day 10: Jahuacocha-Llamac-Huaraz.
What to bring:
- This hike reaches 4600m altitude with 700m vertical gain, which may feel hard if you haven't acclimatized.
- If you have any food restrictions like allergies, vegetarian or religious restrictions, please inform us before the trek.
- You can also purchase this trek as an individual tour, or buy only some parts of the service package - just contact us and we'll make you a good offer!