Why to choose Galaxia
Galaxia Expeditions is a mountain tour agency founded in 2000 and based in Huaraz, Peru. We operate mainly on Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Negra and Huayhuash areas. Galaxia is one of the oldest, most appreciated and trusted operators in Huaraz. Our staff is 100% local people - the area experts. We run by ourselves all the treks and expeditions sold.
Galaxia service offering includes: trekking and mountain expeditions, MTB, rock and ice climbing, conventional tours, logistics and transfers, catering, gear reantal for tour participants, free indoor wall and computers with wifi connection. We offer also accommodation right in the centre of Huaraz. All the mountaing guides are UIAGM/IFMGA certified and the trekking guides have their legally recognized degrees as well. Transportation vehicles are the top in Huaraz. The treks and expeditions presented here on our web service are to most popular and most asked ones. Yet we're more than happy to suggest you something more special - options on Cordillera Blanca and Cordillera Huayhuash are endless!
Our Environmental Philosophy
We work and operate in one of the most beautiful places on earth and we are lucky enough to have the chance to show others our amazing corner of the world. Apart from taking responsibility for your personal safety, comfort and enjoyment, we believe we have a duty to do our part to protect this region of Peru. By remaining conscious of our environmental and social impact, we can act to reduce this impact as much as possible and not only help preserve these natural areas for you but for generations to come.
This company was created and is still run by passionate mountaineers who have a deep connection with Peru's natural places and its people. So for us, it is important to show others these places in a way that inspires wonder and enjoyment while doing so in a way that minimizes negative impacts on both the environment and the community. This is the main goal behind our sustainability initiatives.
Here are some of the ways we are doing our part:
1. The food we use for our meals is grown/raised and transported locally. - Reduces transportation emissions. - Supports local farmers.
2. Our guides are all from Huaraz or the surrounding area and are paid a competitive wage.
- We use new, fuel efficient vehicles for transportation to and from the trail.
- All of our tours are low impact activities that take place on well-established and maintained trails or on snow.
- Protects delicate ecosystems off the trail, and reduces erosion.
3. We are in the process of switching all of our inefficient incandescent light bulbs with CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) which have more than 4X the efficiency and we are currently more than half way through the process!
4. We promote and practice Leave No Trace environmental ethics on our tours. o This code of ethics was designed to minimize environmental impacts in the natural areas in which we work and play.
5. Galaxia strictly abides by environmental regulations set forth by the Husacaran National Park, where we conduct most of our tours.
There are more big ideas on the horizon and by choosing Galaxia Expeditions, we hope that you will join us in our efforts to keep these areas pristine and wild. We are always looking for ways to improve and if you have any suggestions feel free to share your ideas!
Marco Herrera RodriguezGeneral Manager, Owner, Tourist guide.
Aldo Herrera RodriguezOwner, Mountain guide UIAGM.
Luis Valenzuela NorenaGear & Logistics Manager, Trekking guide.